Plazacorp announces regular quarterly dividend

Jul 3, 2012

FREDERICTON, July 3, 2012 /CNW/ - Plazacorp Retail Properties Ltd. (TSXV: PLZ) announced today that its Board of Directors has declared its regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.05375 per common share to be paid on August 15, 2012 to all common shareholders of record on July 17, 2012.

The Corporation intends to make an election under subsection 131(1) of the Income Tax Act (Canada) deeming 20% of the dividend ($0.01075 per common share) to be a capital gains dividend, payable out of the Corporation's capital gain dividend account, with the remaining 80% ($0.04300 per common share) to be a regular dividend.  This regular dividend is an "eligible dividend" for income tax purposes.

Plazacorp acquires, develops and redevelops unenclosed and enclosed retail real estate throughout Atlantic Canada, Quebec and Ontario, which are predominantly occupied by national tenants (approximately 90% of the total).  The Company's portfolio at July 3, 2012 includes interests in 116 properties totaling over 5.1 million square feet and additional lands held for development.  These include properties directly held by Plazacorp, its subsidiaries and through joint ventures.

Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange ) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

For further information:

on Plazacorp, visit our website at
Or contact: Michael Zakuta, President and CEO at (514) 457- 0997 or Floriana Cipollone, CFO  at (416) 848-4583